5/2/12

a quick chat with that Damn Am

Ronnie Kessner has been jet-setting around the country this spring. Tampa, Phoenix, Atlanta; all part of the Damn Am skate series in which Ronnie skates against the other top amateur skaters in the country. Pretty legit stuff! And he's been finishing better and better with each event (57th in Tampa and 51st in A-T-L). After the long (and warm) winter we finally caught up with our boy to see how things are as he preps for the Philly Am this weekend.


So you're a Damn Am, what's it been like competing against the other top amateurs in the country?

Its absolutely awesome. Skating with all of those dudes pushes you to try to be more consistent and learn new tricks. And its always awesome getting to meet new people.

You just got back from the A-T-L and finished 51st out of 114. How was that event? 
The event in ATL was great! Alot of my friends went down to the event and ofcourse Brian, Jorje, Dj Wade, and all of the SPOT guys did a great job with the whole Damn Am stop.

Best meal on the road? 
hmmm... California Burritos. The best by far! so bummed east coast doesnt have them.

Worst meal? 
I have no clue. probably some bad gastation food or something haha

Best heat you've had so far? 
Its different all the time because Phoenix was a jam, ATL was a jam, and Tampa was runs so its kind of different. Out of all of the events I liked Phoenix the best—I'd probably say that was one of the better jams I've had.

Toughest heat you've had so far?
Toughest was Tampa for sure. It was a run, and normally I like them better. I wasn't nervous at all untill they called my name. I was super nervous right before both of my runs. I was so shaky haha so that one for sure. Can't wait till the next one though.

The Philly Am is this weekend, what's it gonna be like to have home-turf of sorts for this event? I'm hyped on it! The park its at Ambler is the best park ever. So fun and the people are super friendly. Im happy it's near philly and I don't have to fly. I am so stoked on the Philly am, the dudes that run it are awesome. I'm definitely more comfortable skating this because it is smaller and I'm good friends with the dudes that run it.

What's on the radar after the Philly Am?
Trying to finish up a new part. Should be done soon! Heading to LA and SD in the summer for two weeks on a skate trip... I think we're heading to North Carolina and Deleware sometime soon as well. Stoked!




No comments:

Post a Comment